Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Candidate Type: MD, DO
Visa Accepted: No J1 or H1
Salary Range: Negotiable
Loan Repayment: Yes
Employment Type: Full Time
Bonuses Offered: Sign-on, Quality, Relocation
Bon Secours Mercy Health has a new opportunity at Maryview Medical Center in the heart of Portsmouth, Virginia. We are seeking a full-time Acute Rehab physician must have 2-3 years’ experience. Candidate will be responsible for post-acute services to qualifying patients geared towards enhancing function while medically managing patients. This is a medical director position for the acute rehab department. Must have PM&R training or internal medicine background.
- Monday – Friday: Full time 9am to 5:30pm
- Practice Setting: Hospital based
- Hospital Affiliation: Maryview Medical Center
- Call Schedule: One week per month.
- Average Patients Per Day: 8-14 Adult- 20% and Geriatric- 80%
- EMR: EPIC
- Special Skills Training Required: Rehab and medical management of sub-acute patients.
- Teaching & Mentoring Opportunities: Patient and family education and mentoring the nurse practitioner.
- Ancillary Services: 2 referral liaisons, 1 social worker, nurses, therapy supervisor and a rehab manager.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:
- Medical Plans, Vision, Dental, Prescription Drugs
- P.C support with collaboration earnings
- Life Insurance Options
- Disability Insurance, Short and Long Term
- Wellness Plan
- Flex Spending and HSA
- Allowed Time Off plus holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Expense
- CME Annual $10,000
- Participate in 457b Plan
The Hampton Roads area of Coastal Virginia offers a beautiful city of over one million that most would consider a cultural hot spot with a bustling, artsy urban downtown and affordable upscale suburbs with top public schools and safe neighborhoods. Known as “One of the Nation’s Top 20 places to educate your child” – Forbes magazine. Hampton Roads is 45 minutes south of historical Williamsburg, 4 hours south of D.C. and 1 hour north of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Overall, a great opportunity to live in the affluent suburbs of a lively, affordable city in Virginia while also caring for high-need patient population and earning a top income among physicians in your specialty nationwide.