Open Rank – Department of Medicine: Infectious Diseases
Live in Charleston, SC - #1 City in the US
Job Summary: The Department of Medicine Division of Infectious Diseases is looking for an Infectious Disease Transplant attending on the clinician educator or modified clinician track to serve at the Medical University Hospital main campus and outreach locations. The faculty member will participate in direct educational activities including rounding on our inpatient service teaching rotation, weekly meetings, grand rounds, student, resident, and fellow education. Interaction with residents, fellows and students is expected.
About this position:
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Infectious Diseases
- MD or MD/PhD
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical activities
- Direct educational activities
- Clinical Research opportunities available
We will provide:
- Epic EMR
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Excellent retirement options including a pension
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Sovereign immunity malpractice coverage
- MUSC Faculty Appointment (commensurate with experience)
Charleston, SC is frequently named one of the best places in America to live. If charming, historic, vibrant, cultural, and coastal are adjectives that you find appealing, it is all here. In Charleston, you might find yourself dining at a world-class restaurant tonight and relaxing on a boat as you explore our many waterways tomorrow. You might stroll along cobblestone streets amidst centuries-old homes by day and attend a jazz concert by night. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Your life in Charleston awaits!
More on Charleston:
At MUSC Health, we empower you to ‘Change What’s Possible’ by transforming expertise, learning, and discovery into focused patient-centered care.
- Our physician-led organization embraces and demonstrates our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability, and innovation.
- As South Carolina’s only comprehensive academic health system we are committed to preserving and optimizing human life throughout the state.
- The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate based on race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.