- MaineGeneral Health
- Chelsea, Maine
- Closing date
- May 4, 2023
- Hospital Medicine (MD)
- Per Diem
- Position Type
Are you looking for a challenging, yet fulfilling career in community-based Pediatric Hospital Medicine, while working with a dynamic team?
MaineGeneral Medical Center, located in the beautiful state of Maine is seeking a full or part-time physician who is board certified or board eligible in pediatrics. Join our dynamic Pediatric Hospitalist team in providing quality care for newborns (including well-newborns, Level II NICU and delivery attendance), pediatric inpatients, and emergency department consults at our state-of-the-art facility located in Augusta, Maine.
Candidates must especially be comfortable with neonatal resuscitation, newborn care and stabilization of critically ill newborns while awaiting transfer to a tertiary care center.
Additional position details:
- You will join an established team of 4 Pediatric Hospitalists and 30 Adult Hospitalists, with a commitment to providing up-to-date, evidence-based care to our local community as well as quality education to our medical learners
- 13 shifts per month (full-time) with flexible scheduling and paid time off
- 12 or 24 hour shifts available
- Provide care independently each shift with in-house support from OB's, midwives, anesthesia, emergency medicine and family practice physicians; pediatric subspecialty/NICU/PICU support available by phone at the state's two children's hospitals (nearest facility 1 hour away by ground)
- Teaching responsibilities include 1-2 learners (family medicine residents and medical students) as a part of the team on weekdays
- Average daily census of 4-6 patients
Enjoy living and working in an area with innumerable outdoor activities, yet close to the culture and amenities of cities like Portland and Boston.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert