Rochester Regional Health s Lipson Cancer Institute is seeking a dynamic and experienced physician leader to lead our Malignant Hematology service and develop our Stem Cell Transplant programs. The Lipson Cancer Institute brings high quality cancer care right to Rochester and the Western New York region. The Lipson Cancer Institute was founded on a commitment to provide comprehensive cancer care from one integrated program, in which experts in hematology/oncology, radiation oncology and surgical oncology work as a team to treat the unique needs of each patient.
Below summarizes some key attributes of Lipson Cancer Institute:
Treats over 4,500 new cancer and blood disorder patients each year
Growing malignant hematology service with a dedicated team of physicians, APPs, nurses, and pharmacist
Enrolls over 275 patients a year in clinical trials
Teaching site committed to Medical Education students and other trainees, including a Hematology / Oncology fellowship
Provides clinical leadership and services to the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, the oldest free standing Hemophilia Treatment Center in the US
First and only intraoperative radiation therapy program in Western New York
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program since 1980, the longest accredited program in the region
Rochester General Hospital opened the Sands Constellation Center for Critical Care in September 2020. The new 7-story building will feature 23 new operating rooms, 108 private acuity-adaptable inpatient rooms, 20 private post-partum rooms, and 14 special care nursery rooms. The new building houses a new oncology inpatient floor with 36 private patient rooms. The new inpatient floor provides an unique opportunity to optimize care for acute leukemia patients and develop a comprehensive stem cell transplant program.
Join our culture of constant improvement and enjoy:
STATUS: Full Time
FTE: 0.2 Administrative, 0.8 Clinical
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital (RGH)
The Medical Director of the Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Program will have the ability, experience and personal qualities as a physician, investigator, and teacher to lead the program to become one of the top programs in the Region as measured by its quality of care, reputation, and patient experience. The Medical Director of the Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant program will build, maintain, and continually improve an outstanding clinical program for the care of leukemia and related conditions. The Medical Director will lead the development of a comprehensive stem cell transplant program. The Medical Director will also serve as Faculty to the Hematology / Oncology fellowship program and will support clinical research.
A dedicated team of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurses and other clinicians treat acute leukemia and related conditions today. The Director will partner with this team and other disciplines to optimize and grow clinical services. The Director will also lead the Stem Cell Transplant team, which includes BMT Clinical Manager, Advance Practice Providers, Nurse Navigators, Pharmacist, Social Work, and Transplant Coordinator.
- An MD or equivalent degree with at least 5 years post-fellowship clinical experience in leukemia, malignant hematology, and stem cell transplant
- Eligibility for New York licensure as a medical doctor.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine and Hematology/Oncology
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Experience and expertise in research clinical trials.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing integrated delivery systems.
- Salary guarantee + Sign On Bonus
- Paid malpractice with full coverage
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan, 403(b), 457(b)
- Fully covered relocation services provided
- Multiple health insurance plans to choose from
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
Physician - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly; requires occasional walking, standing or squatting.
Any physical requirements reported by a prospective employee and/or employee s physician or delegate will be considered for accommodations.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans by a prospective employee and/or employee s Physician or delegate will be considered for accommodations.