Mohawk Valley Health System in Utica, NY is ExpandingPediatric Hospitalist for Updated Unit***LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE***
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking an energetic BC Pediatrician to help grow and expand the pediatric services, while developing protocols for pediatric patients in the unit as well as for the emergency department.
- 7 days on / 7 days off schedule that affords an ideal life-work balance. No call on days off.
- Hospitalists provide coverage for the 14 bed pediatric unit with child life services.
- Hospitalist service also provides consultations to the emergency department.
- With approximately 2000 deliveries a year, the pediatric hospitalist service covers approximately 20-30% of newborn nursery babies.
- Neonatologists are available for in-house consults and will assist with procedures and emergencies. Pediatric hospitalist service does not attend deliveries.
- Hospitalists are responsible for resident and medical student education during rounds.
- Pediatric subspecialties are available by consult from tertiary center from a nearby city. Telemedicine capabilities are also available.
- New state-of-the-art hospital with single bed pediatric floor is being developed in order to combine the two local hospitals in the community. Scheduled to be completed by 2023.
Utica is a welcoming town in upstate New York. Located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains, it draws many who seek to escape dense urban living, with a diverse population including many immigrants. There are ample housing options, eclectic restaurant choices, and quaint festivals and events, the largest of which is the Boilermaker Road Race, drawing over 17,000 participants. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. The cost of living is 20% less than the national average.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.