Indiana University Health Fort Wayne (IUHFW) is seeking board certified or board eligible Gastroenterologist(s) for an exciting and foundational role in a newly developing limb of the largest healthcare system in the state. IUHFW has built four primary care bases in Fort Wayne. As a part of our strategic development in northeast Indiana, we have opened a new, accredited ambulatory surgery center with designated endoscopy suites in southwest Fort Wayne in August of 2021. We are currently recruiting qualified gastroenterologist(s) to collaborate with our highly skilled primary care physicians, advanced practitioners and clinical teams to develop an outpatient only gastroenterology service line based in the surgery center with office space immediately adjacent.
Employment Opportunity Details:
- Great opportunity in Indiana's second largest city, population 375,000
- 100% outpatient
- High demand for GI services with insufficient existing Gastroenterologists in the region
- Specializes in the diagnosis, medical management and treatment of gastroenterology patients in an outpatient setting
- Competitive compensation model including sign-on bonus and relocation
- Strong compensation package personalized for each candidate. Package could include: salary guarantee, production incentive, CME/Dues, sign-on bonus/stipend, loan forgiveness, relocation assistance, etc.
- Learn more about IU Health Physicians Fort Wayne: here
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as second on U.S. News and World Report's 2020-2021 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by 3 rivers
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America, & U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile toboggan run
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Delivering on our vision to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states, Indiana University Health expanded into the northeast Indiana market in 2018. Currently, IU Health operates four primary care clinics, two urgent cares, and a radiology center in the Fort Wayne area. A 40,000-square foot accredited ambulatory care center opened in 2021, with five operating and five procedure rooms for more than 10 different specialties. Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health also operates a clinic in Fort Wayne, providing access close to home to multiple pediatric subspecialty physicians.