IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians, which is part of the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana, is seeking a General Cardiologist to join their collegial team located in beautiful Bloomington, IN!
- Join a well-established, collegial and supportive practice surrounded by a great team of physicians and advanced providers in a university community within a diverse cultural environment
- Full-Time including clinical hours and a few hours per week for admin time
- 20% inpatient and 80% outpatient performing the following procedures: non-invasive, transesophageal echocardiogram, transthoracic echocardiogram, nuclear cardiology interpretation, vascular ultrasound interpretation (optional) and cardiac MRI (optional)
- Patient volume includes: 16/day in office & 15-18/day in hospital
- Participate in teaching opportunities with medical students, if desired
- Practice within our outpatient cardiology office and perform inpatient responsibilities in our new hospital (opened in December 2021)
- Week day call; 1:6 & weekend call is 1:5
- Outreach to other locations within the region is possible
- Fellowship training in Cardiology, required
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- Visa sponsorship available; J-1 (2023 and on) or H-1B
- We offer a strong compensation model.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city's dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability's 2021 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub's 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana's only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center - IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, and IU Health Morgan. Our region offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
Our Vision -
We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
Our Values -
- Purpose: We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Compassion: We treat all people with respect, empathy and kindness
- Team: We count on and care for each other
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty provider group based in the South Central Region of Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana. The second largest physician group within IU Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians operates over 50 practices and employs around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a member of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 24 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
View full job description here