Join Indiana University Health Physicians and System Health Solutions group in an Urgent Care Physician role in the popular growing town of Brownsburg, IN, a suburb just west of Indianapolis! This position offers leadership and growth opportunities.
- Provide care to ages 3 months and up
- Urgent care and occupational medicine including injury and illness care, minor procedures, workers' compensation, DOT and sports physicals
- Responsible for appropriateness, quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the medical care provided by our physicians and advanced practice providers
- 14 clinical shifts per month within our Urgent Care practice, rotating days, 3 weekend shifts per month, holiday rotation
- Provide support for our advanced practice providers
- Must be MD or DO
- BC in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care or Family Medicine required
- Emergency medicine and/or urgent/acute care experience preferred
- Occupational medicine experience preferred
- 2+ years' experience preferred
- We offer a strong compensation model with a comprehensive benefits package including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
Brownsburg, Indiana is a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis located just twelve miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County. Brownsburg offers a strong economy, affordable home, excellent schools, and was named to Money's list of the 50 Best Places to live in the United States in 2021.
- Vibrant and progressive community with an award-winning school district that includes an advanced learning center for students.
- A wide variety of shopping, dining, lodging and recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy.
- One of the fastest-growing communities in the state (twice recognized by CNN Money Magazine for being among the nation's "Best Places to Live")
- Brownsburg Parks and Recreation Department offers camps, athletic leagues, special events and outdoor amenities including trails, playgrounds and a creek.
- Named one of WalletHub's 2021 "Best Small Cities in America"
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Located twenty minutes from the world-famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including professional sports, fine dining, an abundance of retail and an array of culture.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
As part of Indiana’s largest healthcare network, our urgent care locations throughout the state are equipped to treat a wide array of illnesses and injuries. Our urgent care centers have on-site lab and X-ray services, and treat minor illnesses and injuries, perform sports physicals and minor procedures, as well as workers’ compensation and DOT physicals.