St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Pediatrician to join our growing Network and dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing excellent care at our pediatric practices. Several opportunities are available!
St. Luke s has invested significantly in the growth of pediatrics services across the Network over the past several years. The service line continues to grow existing practices and develop new practices across the St. Luke s service area in order to meet patient demand. Each practice has a unique look and feel from large multi-provider/ multi-location offices to smaller solo sites. Our team is expanding and we are looking for individuals who are excited by growth and new opportunities!
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. Pediatric volumes have grown significantly over the past few years and the service line recently expanded pediatric services within the community through the addition of a new 8 bed PICU which opened in February 2020. Construction of a newly renovated inpatient pediatric unit began this year as well.
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery!
- The practices utilize Health Call Nurse Triage system, significantly reducing the number of calls providers receive after hours. Providers are not required to complete nursery rounds.
- Growing OB department with over 4,000 deliveries per year.
- 23 bed Level III NICU located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke s Anderson Campus, and New Level II NICU at St. Luke s Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 15,000 employees providing services at 11 hospitals and over 300 outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
*We do not sponsor visas
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.