Geisinger Community Medicine is seeking board certified/board eligible family medicine trained physicians for an outpatient primary care opportunity in beautiful Mount Pocono, PA. Bilingual in Spanish is helpful but not required.
Job DutiesAt Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide our physicians:
- Base salary model Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive - $100k, paid in lump sum upon start
- Medical school loan repayment - $150k, paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend - $2,500/month, available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Geography stipend Up to $20k (at specified locations)
- Continuing medical education 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities Available at one of Geisinger s four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Benefits Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best provide exceptional care. To learn more about our:
Geisinger Community Medicine consists of 43 community practice sites throughout central and northeast Pennsylvania. These multispecialty locations provide primary and specialty care. In conjunction with Geisinger Health Plan, the Medical Groups staff offers their own unique version of medical home.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of PennsylvaniaSkillsProfessionalism; Systems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural SkillsOur Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.