An internal medicine physician practicing as a hospitalist.
- Interviews patients to obtain information such as symptoms, medical histories, and family histories. Performs and/or interprets diagnostic tests as needed.
- Diagnose and design a plan of treatment for injuries and/or illness. May prescribe or administer medications. Prepares, maintains, and reviews records that include patients' histories, examination findings, treatment plans, or outcomes.
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Patient Care And Procedural Skills, Professionalism, Systems-Based Practice
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.