The Department of Neurological Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking a board certified or eligible neurosurgeon to join the faculty.
* Join a robust academic group of neuroscience clinical educators as the program continues to expand to provide care at university-affiliated hospitals in the New Orleans Metropolitan area.
* The Department of Neurological Surgery is committed to providing outstanding patient care and the department is seeking an individual with that same commitment.
* Candidate will receive an academic appointment at Tulane School of Medicine at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level dependent on previous academic accomplishments and experience.
* This position will be expected to work in collaboration with other faculty members of the Neuroscience Center.
* As a faculty member, the candidate will be expected to play an important role in the education of residents, fellows and students.
* This position will be supported to provide general neurosurgery services.
* Board certified or board eligible general neurosurgeon.
* Eligible for licensure in the state of Louisiana
* Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply
* Competitive compensation
* Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
* Flexible spending accounts
* 403(b) university-funded retirement plan
* Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and the option to participate in the tuition exchange program
* Employee assistance program
* Employee wellness program
* Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
* Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
* With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
* Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
* Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the Big Easy, offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the Best Business Cities list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow - we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.