Southern California Cancer Genomics Clinical Research Faculty Position with City of Hope
Great science combined with compassionate care is the future of modern medicine. City of Hope's Division of Clinical Cancer Genomics (CCG), Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, is looking for a Clinician in human cancer genetics and genomics. Candidates should have an MD and specialty training (BC/BE) in medical oncology and/or medical genetics and genomics and be eligible for medical licensure in the State of California. The successful candidate will provide genomic cancer risk assessment services, join a highly collaborative and dynamic interdisciplinary team, and join or lead ongoing efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- Hereditary cancer syndromes: genomic cancer risk assessment
- Precision medicine
- Chemoprevention and targeted therapy clinical trials
- Genomic epidemiology
- DNA repair and carcinogenesis
- Clinical and behavioral outcomes
- Minority health and health disparities
- Genomic care delivery
- Precision prevention
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a premier cancer genomics program, serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California. Faculty members have the opportunity to take advantage of remarkable research, clinical and teaching resources including an enterprise-wide program in Precision Medicine, an international clinical cancer genomics community research network and registry, and a long-standing R25E funded Cancer Genomics Education Program.
- 1 -2 days in clinic
- 60% Clinical 40% Research
- No Weekends/No Call
- Join a highly collaborative and dynamic interdisciplinary team of experienced Physicians, Genetic Counselors, and Nurse Practitioners.
- Ability to develop, lead & grow a clinical and research program
- Identifying patients with cancer and non-cancer genetic traits
- Qualified candidates should have an MD and specialty training. Board Certified or Board Eligible in Medical Oncology and/or Clinical Genomics and be eligible for California Medical License.
- Open to all levels of experience-new grads to tenured
- Rare opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary NCI designated comprehensive cancer center with a growing department.
- Ongoing efforts in one or more of the following areas: Hereditary cancer syndromes: genomic cancer risk assessment , Precision medicine , Chemoprevention and targeted therapy clinical trials, Oncogenomics, Genomic epidemiology, DNA repair and carcinogenesis, Clinical and behavioral outcomes, Minority health and health disparities, Genomic care delivery, Pharmacogenetics, and Precision prevention.
Sunny Southern California.
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS.
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy the miles of pristine beaches including Santa Monica and Malibu
- Home to UCLA, USC, CIT, and many other world class Universities and Colleges.
- LA is truly an international city boasting endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, festivals, and theatres
If living and working in the sunshine in one of the most vibrant cities in the world (LOS ANGELES) excites you, please email or call Samantha Sturges immediately at Samantha.Sturges@kornferry.com or (904)-483-0795.