Palliative Medicine/Supportive Medicine opportunity in Southern, CA
Medical Group Seeking a Palliative Medicine Physician to join the Supportive Medicine Division
The Division of Supportive Medicine is seeking Palliative Medicine trained Physician to meet the needs of our growing program in the Upland, CA location.
Provide patient-centered care in collaboration with our team of world class, nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation cancer specialists as we seek to hire a full-time Palliative Medicine Provider for our Department of Supportive Medicine.
- Opportunity to collaborate and grow new ambulatory program at clinical network site for City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Primarily cover one ambulatory location (Upland, CA) which includes state-of-the-art facilities.
- Schedule is majority outpatient, with a smaller amount of inpatient care at the Duarte, CA campus.
- Outpatient days are typically 8-hour shifts (8am-5pm)
- Outpatient consult visits are typically 60 minutes, follow up visits are 30 minutes, to allow sufficient time to work with patients in addressing their palliative needs
- Average of 6 patients per half day of clinic
- 5 day/week will be clinical 0.5 day/week will be for admin time.
- Social work support on site
- Partner with multidisciplinary team at the Duarte, CA site.
- Ideal candidate would be 3 + years postgraduate experience in outpatient and inpatient Palliative Medicine. Additionally, interested in providing symptomatic and palliative care primarily to patients with cancer, with a strong skillset in collaboration and a desire to build a new ambulatory program.
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary and potential for sign-on bonus
- Outstanding benefits including up to 20% of IRS max toward annual retirement contribution *no match requirement
- A background as an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor or in academics is preferred but not required.
- Primary specialization with board certification in internal medicine or family medicine preferred. However, other primary specialties may be considered.
- Fellowship training in Hospice and Palliative Medicine required
- 2-3+ years of post-graduate experience preferred
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Supportive Medicine. This medical center is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through March of 2022. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing in February 2022. If you or anyone is interested, please reach out or respond to this posting as soon as possible and a member of our recruitment team will reach out.