The department of Addiction Medicine at MaineGeneral Medical Center is looking for motivated and compassionate Physicians to join our team. From its inception in February 2021, the over-arching goal of the Addiction Medicine Department at MaineGeneral has been to provide low-barrier, evidence based care for patients suffering from substance use disorder. Given the overwhelming need for addiction treatment in our community, we have seen tremendous growth in patient numbers over the last year and are looking to expand our services.
Although we welcome candidates with direct experience in addiction treatment, it is not explicitly required. Out team will work with any clinician to provide job-specific training, as needed. We are looking for team members whose general practice ideals and approach to patient care are in line with our own. Our core philosophy is rooted in the practice of harm reduction and we believe very strongly that treating patients with dignity, respect, and empathy leads to better treatment retention and better outcomes. We approach our daily work with this in the forefront of our minds.
Some job highlights include:
- An outpatient-based care setting working with a team of passionate and dedicated staff
- A focus on the most current evidence-based standards of care
- On-the-job training, as needed
- Enjoy collaborative opportunities and additional supports that come with being a part of a larger healthcare system
- Opportunity to work with, and teach, learners from different experience levels including residents from the MaineDartmouth Family Medicine Residency program
- Future goals include: expansion of access to long acting injectable medications, inpatient hospital consult service, and future plans to start an Addiction Medicine fellowship
Come join a team of passionate, driven individuals with a common objective: To provide comprehensive, compassionate care to the people in our community suffering from the disease of addiction.