Would you like to make an outsized difference to the public health and well-being of Americans? The physicians, scientists and other dedicated professionals at the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of New Drugs (OND) located in Silver Spring, MD, contribute to the public health of millions of Americans every day. We pride ourselves on our dedicated and skilled staff and are looking for committed individuals to help us achieve our mission. OND’s mission is to ensure that safe and effective drugs and biologics are available to Americans. We provide guidance to drug companies on a wide variety of clinical, scientific, and regulatory matters and make decisions on whether new drugs or new uses of already marketed drugs should be approved.
The Division of Dermatology and Dentistry within the Office of New Drugs is seeking highly qualified physicians to serve as clinical reviewers for drugs utilized in dermatology. We are seeking individuals who are preferably board certified or board eligible in dermatology. Graduating fellows and junior faculty are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities of the clinical reviewer include the following:
- Determines whether clinical trials of new drugs and therapeutic biologics in humans are soundly conceived and supported to justify human testing
- Reviews clinical protocols and provides input regarding study design
- Together with other team members, interacts with investigators and drug companies to guide development of drugs and therapeutic biologics
- Determines whether marketing applications should be approved based on an evaluation of the evidence of safety and effectiveness
- Consults, when needed and where appropriate, with other medical specialists and scientists within and outside FDA
- Assists in the development and conduct of training programs, educational activities, workshops, and conferences
- Keeps abreast of the progress in medical and related sciences by reviewing the scientific literature and participating in staff seminars where cases and topics of interest are discussed
As a clinical reviewer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance the public health through new drug development
- Experience teaching and training opportunities
- Interact with pharmaceutical companies, world-renowned disease experts, patients, and advocacy groups
- Work with a wide range of scientific disciplines in a team-oriented atmosphere
This is primarily a non-clinical position; there is an option to provide one half-day per week of clinical care, if interested.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience and expertise
- Excellent federal government benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, retirement, etc.).
- Relocation expenses and student loan repayment may be paid to eligible candidates.
- Flexible and/or partial telework schedules available (after completion of initial training period).
Applicants must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school. Graduates of foreign medical schools must be certified by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Permanent U.S. residents may apply for staff fellowship appointments. Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a team are necessary to be successful in this role. Prior human subject research experience is desired, but not required.
Please send a current CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. Please reference source code: #22-032EG in the subject line.
FDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT