You will serve as a Physician (Occupational Medicine) in the BUMED Military Treatment Facility.
THIS IS A DHA. Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act Fiscal Year 2020 Public Law 116-92 amended Section 9905 of title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) to streamline and simplify certain DOD civilian Direct Hire Authorities to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly to certain positions in the competitive service in the DOD.
- You will plan, organize, establish, direct and implement the goals and objectives of the Occupational Health Program You will conduct research of pertinent managerial, legal and medical literature to maintain state-of-the-art awareness of occupational medicine You will apply research findings along with current science and prevailing standards of occupational medicine practice to consult, to advise, and to develop operational programs to protect employee health You will notify management of exam results and recommends appropriate work restrictions/ accommodations
- You will evaluate and treat worker on-the job illnesses and injuries, and stabilizes and transfers those suffering from urgent, potentially life-threatening, illnesses and injuries
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Up-to-date Immunizations, Vaccinations, Seasonal Flu Influenza required. A favorable Tier 3 background investigation is required.
- This is a mission essential position.
Qualifications APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 4/29/2022 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used. Education.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Occupational Medicine (i.e., 3 years Residency & 2 years fellowship and/or equivalent experience and training). Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of expertise in Occupational Medicine to perform the core responsibilities: Providing comprehensive occupational medicine consultations, evaluations and treatment both initial and follow-up of work related injuries or diseases.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to possess this certification will result in an ineligible rating.
Satisfy BUMEDs clinical privileging requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible. Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as an Occupational Medicine Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required). No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
Benefits A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Visit https ://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Benefits/Pages/Default.aspx to learn more.
HOW TO APPLY: The fastest way to apply! Email your complete resume including beginning and ending dates, month and year, detail description of duties performed for each experience, etc., directly to medjobs @navy.mil and insert JAMA11459163 in the subject line.
To learn more about the position please visit: