Geisinger Wyoming Valley (GWV) in Wilkes-Barre, PA is seeking a BE/BC Pediatric Hospitalist to join our experienced team.
A successful candidate will provide coverage for inpatient and observation admissions, ED consults, and newborn nursery.
- Coverage for deliveries as needed to include coverage for C-sections. Care will be for low-risk deliveries of well infants 35 weeks and above. Sick infants will transfer to a Level III NICU at GWV
- Most admissions from community-based physicians and upon referral from ED
- Receive consults from other services on admitted patients
- Schedule is M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Call 1:4
- AP support in the nursery
- Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and values vs. productivity
- Generous relocation
- Health Insurance benefits, including dental and vision, beginning day 1 of
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- CME – 15 days, $3,500
- PTO – 20 days
- 5% employer contribution to retirement
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
Kindness: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
Excellence: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
Learning: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
Innovation: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
Safety: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.