To enhance, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities.
MaineGeneral Medical Center s Physiatry and Pain Management practice located in Augusta, Maine is seeking a board certified or board eligible, full-time general Physiatrist to join their collaborative team of three physicians, four nurse practitioners, a psychologist, RN s and medical assistants.
In this fast-paced, outpatient setting, the qualified candidate will:
- Be able to treat the whole person rather than focusing solely on the area of pain and injury.
- Be able to listen to patients and take the extra time to answer their questions.
- Have a broad knowledge of community resources for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics, counseling and other medical specialties necessary for comprehensive patient care.
- Work collaboratively with other providers and specialties.
- Work in partnership with the patient to determine realistic short-and long-term goals with patients.
- Be able to work with patients to find relief from pain, achieve successes in rehabilitation or exercise programs, overcome setbacks, and reassess goals when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about and able to manage controlled substances.
- Be willing to work on the inpatient rehabilitation unit as needed.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 8am-4:30pm, including an hour of administrative time daily. Rotating call responsibility once per month.
Benefits of practicing at MaineGeneral include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Educational loan repayment program
- Continuing medical education (time and dollars)
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plans
MaineGeneral Health is Kennebec Valley s largest private employer with a strong commitment to positively impact the health of the community each day through services and involvement. Live and work amidst the beauty of scenic central Maine where you are only a short drive away from ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant hiking, and the beautiful Maine coast.