Department of Supportive Care | NCI Center | Antelope Valley, CA
NCI Center - Medical Group | Palliative Medicine
The Division of Supportive Medicine is seeking a Palliative Medicine trained physician to meet the needs of our growing program at the Antelope Valley, CA location. Join our world-class NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the top ranked cancer centers in the country with an international reputation for first-rate care, to deliver exceptional cancer care to our Southern California patients.
Provide patient-centered care in collaboration with an established team of world class, nationally recognized physicians, and healthcare professionals as we seek to hire a full-time Palliative Medicine provider.
- Opportunity to collaborate and grow a new ambulatory program at our new clinical network site located in Antelope Valley, CA (30-45 minutes outside LA)
- Primarily cover one ambulatory location which includes state-of-the-art facilities
- Schedule is majority outpatient, with some inpatient call responsibility for our Duarte main campus
- 5 day/week will be clinical with 0.5 day/week allotted for admin time
- Outpatient days are typically 8-hour shifts (8am-5pm)
- Outpatients consult visits are typically 60 minutes, follow up visits are 30 minutes, to allow sufficient time to work with patients in addressing their palliative needs
- Average of 6 patients per half day of clinic
- Social work support on site with ability to partner with our multidisciplinary team in Duarte
- Ideal candidate has:
- approximately three years postgraduate experience in outpatient/inpatient palliative care
- interest in providing symptomatic and palliative care primarily to patients with cancer
- a strong skillset in collaboration and a desire to build a new ambulatory program
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- Board eligibility or certification in palliative medicine with primary specialty ideally in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine. *Other primary specialties may also be considered
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary with potential for sign-on
- Outstanding benefits including up to 20% of IRS max toward annual retirement contribution *no match requirement
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Supportive Care Medicine. We are an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through Summer 2022. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing immediately.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.