This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more.
The Veterans Administration Medical Center located in Prescott, AZ is a Level 3 facility without Intensive Care Unit, Operating Rooms or Anesthesia. For patients requiring such services the Emergency Room's mission is to stabilize for transfer rather than admission. Our Emergency Department has approximately 10 beds, including Fast Track, which in addition to a Physician is staffed weekdays by an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant. The successful candidate will also provide coverage as a Hospitalist to cover staff leave or vacancies.
Physician must be qualified to diagnose, treat, stabilize and manage Emergency Department and Hospital patients according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and techniques. Physician must have an unrestricted medical license and be BLS and ACLS Certified. Duties to be performed include but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments/examinations on encounters with all presenting patients
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests necessary to complete the ED evaluation
- Provide Attending Physician oversight to residents, mid-level providers, and students
- Stabilize all critically ill or injured patients
- Admit patients to the hospital or discharge them from the ED with appropriate follow-up
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and or family/caregiver (following COBRA guidelines)
- Perform medication reconciliation with all discharged patients
- Participate in Quality Assurance, chart reviews, and support applicable ED performance measures
- Coordinate patient care with consultants as deemed appropriate
- Emergency Department physician will support the safety, occupational health and fire protection program by the application of approved standards, regulations, practices and work methods
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Highly qualified individual may be eligible for a recruitment/relocation incentive in accordance with agency policy.
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): This position is eligible
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): This position is eligible
EDRP Authorized: This position is eligible for the (EDRP). Contact Natasha L. Brant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 602-277-5551 x3062 or Miriam A. Ubiles, email@example.com, 210-773-7180, the EDRP Coordinators for questions/assistance.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Work Schedule: Various; Rotating Nights and Days
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
QualificationsTo qualify for this position, you must meet the basic requirements as well as any additional requirements (if applicable) listed in the job announcement. Applicants pending the completion of training or license requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Currently employed physician(s) in VA who met the requirements for appointment under the previous qualification standard at the time of their initial appointment are deemed to have met the basic requirements of the occupation.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits
Please click here to view the full job description https://www.usajobs.gov/job/641275200