Southcentral Foundation is the largest Alaska Native owned healthcare system in the state. Our award-winning model of care is based on our belief that the journey to wellness is responsibility shared between patient and provider.
Why work for Southcentral Foundation?
Our benefits are designed around your health and wellness. We offer one hour per week of paid wellness leave, on-site fitness and daycare facilities, competitive salary packages, and much more!
Our clinical team environment is one of the most robust in the country. Our data-driven, non RVU approach means that compensation is salary-based: encouraging a practice focused on wellness, not quantity.
Our integrated and accessible approach to care makes your job easier. Our clinics coordinate patient care with integrated care teams that have access to specialties in multiple disciplines.
Southcentral Foundation Inpatient Pediatrics
About this position and the Inpatient Pediatric Department
· Full spectrum, high-acuity, inpatient care at Alaska Native Medical Center
· Tribally owned and operated non-profit healthcare center serving Alaska Native and American Indian people
· Certified Pediatric Level 2 Trauma Center
· 19 bed pediatric unit - shared with Pediatric Intensivists (available 24/7)
· 12 bed Level 2 NICU - nearby Level 3 NICU available for phone consultation and transfers as indicated
· 17 bed well-baby nursery with attendance at high risk deliveries with approximately 1600 deliveries annually. Nursery service primarily covered by NP colleagues.
· Procedural Sedation service
· 24/7in-house coverage (12-hour night shift coverage; no home call)
· Pediatric consults for ED and surgical services, including trauma team response
· Phone consultations with referring providers throughout Alaska with facilitation of medical transports as needed
· Subspecialty consulting services available
· Opportunities to participate in hospital committees as well as QA/QI work with dedicated administrative time
· BC/BE in General Pediatrics required plus have PALS and NRP certification
· Innovative practice system featured on front page of New York Times, JAMA, BMJ and others. Clinical quality improvement team. Practice management data monthly. - We currently employ 18 Family Physicians, 18 pediatricians, 18 OB/GYN's, 7 Psychiatrists and our clinics are growing!
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Enhanced leave program
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- Benefits include appx. 5.2 - 6.5 weeks of leave, an additional week of paid CME (+ a stipend towards CME), plus 13 paid holidays
- Full insurance coverage – malpractice coverage, health, life, short- and long-term disability - and subsidized health insurance for family
- Employer match 401K retirement fund, and we will reimburse your AK state medical license fee.
- New, modern, innovative facilities, computers, and other state of the art equipment
Alaska is known as the land of the midnight sun as we bask in 19.5 hours of daylight on summer solstice.
Our summer temperatures reach into the mid to upper 70’s and the landscape transforms into green trees and flower blossoms. On winter solstice, we enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets over beautiful snowcapped mountains and darkness brings the possibility of breathtaking displays of the northern lights Hundreds of kilometers of groomed, interconnected cross country ski trails in town are lit at night, by artificial light and the incredible moonlight reflecting off of the snow and these trails are perfect for running and biking in the summer.
Anchorage – city of 330,000, the largest city in Alaska
Fantastic restaurants, and a diverse music and arts community, great public schools, good community, incredible outdoor activity opportunities. Lots of cultural activities-a performing arts center that hosts national and regional troops, the Anchorage Museum of Natural History and the Alaska Native Heritage Center
Please contact Genevieve Opheim, Physician Recruiter for more information on the unique opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907)729-7268
Follow the link below to apply for a position on our website
BE or BC only
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: up to 5.2-6.5 weeks of leave, retention bonus, sign on bonus, relocation costs paid, enhanced leave program, one hour of paid wellness hour, CME +a stipend towards CME, plus 12 paid holidays
Internal Number: 5725
About Southcentral Foundation
Southcentral Foundation, a nationally recognized health system that serves, and is owned by, the Alaska Native people. Join us and embrace our holistic Nuka System of Care that addresses physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness. Journey into a new territory of health care, where you will learn more about medicine, humanity and yourself than you ever dreamed possible. Explore new boundaries—personal and professional—that are yours to define. Our client-centered model of care combines traditional beliefs & contemporary clinical practices. Our 1 to1 ratio of RN case managers, no call, OB optional practice is beckoning those with a sense of adventure in the middle of a vibrant, modern city!