Winchester Cardiology and Vascular Medicine (WCVM) located in the Northern Shenandoah Valley is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Advanced Heart Failure Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join their team of 20 board certified Cardiologists and 11 cardiology advanced practice clinicians in scenic Northern Virginia.
About the Position
- Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley WCVM is the largest and most established cardiology practice serving the Shenandoah Valley and the Panhandle of West Virginia.
- WCVM is seeking a second advanced heart failure specialist to expand our advanced heart failure program. This position will assist with the development Left Ventricular Assist Device Program (LVAD) which is Destination Therapy/Bridge to Transplant program. All candidates should have clinical competency and expertise in caring for patients with mechanical circulatory devices, ECMO and pulmonary hypertension.
- All candidates considered.
About our Practice
- WCVM opened a new office in March of 2020. The 30,000 sq. ft. clinic connects to the cardiovascular lab and inpatient hospital. In addition, we have satellite clinics in Martinsburg W.V. and provide outreach services at Valley Health Multi-specialty clinics. WCVM leases its professional services to Valley Health through a professional service lease arrangement.
- Our team includes interventional cardiologists, non-invasive cardiologists, an advanced heart failure specialist, a structural heart specialist and electrophysiologists. At Winchester Medical Center, we provide cardiovascular consultative and procedural services.
- We utilize EPIC as our EMR both in the clinic and hospital setting.
- We have a complete diagnostic testing facility onsite with an active Nuclear Department offering SPECT, up-to-date all digital echo lab, full vascular lab. The WCVM Cardiovascular Imaging Center accredited through ICAEL, ICAVL and ICANL.
- We have a shared call model (not to exceed 1:6 nights/and weekends without additional compensation) in this collegial group dedicated to a shared compensation model and work life balance.
Details and Benefits
- This is for a 2-year associate position with a track to partnership in the 3rd year.
- The salary is highly competitive and guaranteed with a potential for management and quality incentives.
- We also offer an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, full malpractice coverage disability coverage, and life insurance.
- We also offer a CME allotment within the total benefit package and provide retirement benefits following the first year of employment.
- Moving expense stipend is provided as well as a potential for an early signing bonus.
About the Community:
- Enjoy a 4-season climate
- Great schools both public and private
- Approximately 90 minutes from the Washington, D.C. metro area, 45 minutes from Dulles International Airport, 2 hours from Baltimore, 3.5 hours from Philadelphia, and 2.5 hours from Richmond
- Winchester Virginia offers the perfect mid-sized community and the ideal location for family living. Whether you choose to enjoy shopping and dining on the walking mall, touring several historic museums, catching a show at one of the local theaters, wine tasting at James Charles Vineyard, a brewery tour at Winchester Brew Works, or enjoying all of the outdoor enthusiast activities (biking, hiking, fishing and kayaking) available in the nearby Shenandoah National, Winchester has something for everyone.