An Opportunity to Join Georgia s Best Cardiologists:
Georgia Heart Institute (GHI) is the comprehensive, multi-disciplinary heart and vascular program of Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS). As the state s most forward-thinking heart and vascular program, Georgia Heart Institute has been leading the way in heart and vascular care throughout the region for decades treating thousands of patients annually and this level of advancement and excellence has only continued to grow. Our comprehensive program offers patients convenient access to diagnostics and high-quality routine and preventative care wherever they live throughout the region. Enriched by cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art facilities in Braselton, GA and in Gainesville, GA, we offer some of the most advanced heart and vascular treatments in the region for more even the most complicated conditions.
We are thrilled that in September 2021 the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education approved a new cardiovascular disease fellowship training program at the Georgia Heart Institute of NGHS. The three-year program to begin in July 2022 will train eighteen cardiovascular fellows six per year through a contemporary patient-centric and innovative educational experience that will produce exceptional cardiologists.
Are you ready to join our elite team?
We are seeking the nations brightest and most innovative Non-Invasive Cardiologists to help us deliver the highest level of heart care to our patients. Come and be a part of one of the largest and most experienced multidisciplinary teams in the nation!
Do you have what is takes?
- Medical Doctor
- BC/BE in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Ability to obtain medical license in the state of Georgia
- Ability to interpret TTE, TEE, Stress Tests and Vascular Imaging
- A minimum of 3-5 years post-fellowship/clinical experience preferred
- Desire to push the envelope to incorporate the latest technology available
- Certification in Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiovascular CT, Echocardiography preferred
- Expertise and/or specialized training in Women s Cardiology a plus
- Desire to participate in research
- Mentor mindset for fellowship program
Non-Invasive Practice Overview:
Partnering Together in Heart Health. First and foremost, the focus of our non-invasive cardiologists is to improve understanding and knowledge of heart health. This starts with open communication, a comprehensive view of heart health and overall wellness, along with expert guidance throughout every stage of care.
Personalized & Comprehensive Care. Our patient-centered approach to care brings together all specialized services and treatments needed to deliver a truly personalized experience from diagnosis to long-term disease management.
Innovating Care Through Research. Our unwavering dedication to providing the highest level of care means continuing to enhance and improve the services we re already providing through research and discovery. At Georgia Heart Institute, our experts are actively involved in national research aimed at understanding what causes heart attacks and then preventing them from occurring.
- EMR Platform - EPIC
- Non-Invasive Cardiology Fellowship Starting 2022
- More than a dozen locations throughout Northeast Georgia
- Team of more than 80 cardiologists and advanced practice providers
- Dominant cardiovascular market share leader in our 19+ county service area
- Team performs more than 5,000 cardiac procedures and 30,000 consults each year
- First hospital in Georgia to receive Emergency Cardiac Care Center (ECCC) designation
- Learn more about Georgia Heart Institute by visiting www.nghs.com/heart
Benefits of Working at Georgia Heart Institute at NGHS:
- Excellent Compensation
- Malpractice Coverage provided
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- America s 50 Best Hospitals HealthGrades
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on beautiful Lake Lanier.
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women s care and more
Your next career move is only a heartbeat away: contact Jennifer McCalla, Senior Physician Recruiter with GHI