University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
General Orthopedic Surgeon - Community Practice in Princeton, MN with University of Minnesota Physicians
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery and University of Minnesota Physicians (UMPhysicians) is seeking a full-time general orthopedic surgeon to add to the staff of the Musculoskeletal Service at M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center in Princeton, MN. Candidates with an academic or research interests are welcome to apply.
- Full spectrum of orthopedic care with the support and backing of M Health Fairview and subspecialty support for more complex cases.
- Clinic location: M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center in Princeton, MN and other sites as needed.
- M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center is a multi-specialty group and primary care group of over 60 providers conveniently located on Hwy. 169 in Princeton, MN.
- Practice includes 4 hospital ORs, 2 procedure rooms, and 1 C-section OR. There is access to The M Health Fairview Ambulatory Surgery Center in Maple Grove.
- Elective cases performed Monday-Friday A surgical team is available for non-elective, add-on cases 365 days of the year
- Our Anesthesia providers are an independent group of contracted CRNA’s. They are a highly skilled group of individuals who provide both pre- and post-operative blocks for our orthopedic patients.
- Top-notch equipment available for most general orthopedic cases in addition to access to numerous vendors to provide implants and support for our orthopedic cases.
- Surgical cases for orthopedics ranges from small soft tissue repairs to large bone fractures as well as total joint replacements (knees, hips, and shoulders).
- A 4- or 8-hour surgical block per week is granted for new surgeons and is increased as capacity in the block is reached.
- Practice includes rehabilitation services on-site and in surrounding clinics and an orthotics and prosthetics department on the campus.
- Northland is a semi-rural location with full access to local diagnostics and a primary care service area providing care to 120,000 people.
- M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center has been recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as an exceptional place to get care and made the list of ‘100 Great Community Hospitals’ for the second year in a row!
- Princeton is located just 55 minutes northwest of downtown Minneapolis, and 35 minutes east of St. Cloud at the intersection of Highways 169 and 95.
- Princeton boasts a historic downtown district, growing arts and music community, and is near numerous parks, camping, and hiking locations.
- Located within 55 minutes of many of Minnesota's most well-known attractions, including summer golf and fishing recreation areas, theater, professional sports, and shopping.
- Princeton offers unique local businesses, festivals throughout the year, a Saturday farmers market from May through October and a highly rated school system.
- Market competitive salary guarantee.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance, a retirement plan, and more.
- Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in orthopedic surgery.
- Candidates with fellowship training in trauma, sports medicine, and total joint experience preferred.
- The individual hired will also be employed full-time with UMPhysicians practice group and must be eligible for medical licensure in the state of Minnesota.
Competitive compensation and market leading benefits packages to support all aspects of employee well-being, including physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, and financial health. More information can be found here: University of Minnesota Physicians.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at M Health Fairview hospitals, clinics, and surgery centers.
M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, the University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Physicians is the premier multi-specialty physician practice established at the University of Minnesota dedicated to serving the upper Midwest and beyond. We help people live healthy lives by delivering the highest standard of patient care, providing access to cutting edge therapies and training the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our care team includes more than 1000 physicians providing a wide variety of services, including primary care, specialty and subspecialty care at our M Physicians clinics and in health systems throughout the region to a diverse patient population
M Health Fairview brings a shared vision of creating an orthopedic program of unsurpassed clinical excellence and serviceEqual Employment Opportunity
We welcome diversity in every area, from patient populations to our own physicians, and pride ourselves on being thoroughly inclusive. We gladly provide equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.