The Wayne State University School of Medicine (WSU SOM) Department of Internal Medicine, is seeking a clinical educator in the Division of Cardiology at the rank of Assistant Professor. The Cardiology program is a collaborative effort between WSU SOM and the Wayne Health (WH) faculty practice. As a member of WH, the physician will participate in the clinical activities in Cardiology. As a faculty member of WSU SOM, the successful candidate will join the Department of Internal Medicine and be responsible for the following:
- Day to day clinical service responsibilities in the area of cardiology, through employment at Wayne Health.
- Teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
- Participation in research and scholarly activities within the Division of Cardiology.
- Dissemination of research in peer-reviewed literature.
- Participation in service assignments in the Department, SOM and University.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
Wayne State University is a public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit. We offer more than 33,000 metropolitan Detroit students from all backgrounds a rich, high quality education via more than 350 academic programs in our 12 schools and colleges. Our deep- rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, and diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented minorities. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse program and passionate about improving health equity and justice in medicine for our patient population. Our interview will include questions relevant to this, so we request that you write and submit one to two paragraphs illustrating your commitment to these principles.
Please apply through the Wayne Health website:
www.waynehealthcares.org/careers/ position R-100771 Physician - Cardiology