Mercy Hospital St. Louis is actively recruiting an Academic Hospitalist to join our ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Program. Mercy Hospital-St. Louis has been serving the community since 1871, is the second largest hospital in the St. Louis metropolitan region and has been offering a strong internal medicine residency program for over a half of a century. Qualified candidates must be BC/BE in Internal Medicine and available to start summer of 2022.
In this position, you will:
- Have 100% dedicated service time on one of the resident-assigned inpatient teams
- Develop academic activities including presenting at noon conference and Grand Rounds
- Participate in resident curriculum and faculty development
- Have an attractive 7 on/7 off clinical schedule with some teaching duties on off weeks
- Provide mentorship to residents
- Be directly involved with interviewing and recruiting new residents
- Earn a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package
- Have an opportunity to:
- Perform research in internal medicine and medical education
- Be involved in the Internal Medicine Simulation and OSCE programs
- Contribute to www.Pearls4Peers.com, an online educational open-access resource dedicated to clinicians and housestaff in internal medicine
- Be involved in MS3/MS4 curriculum development and implementation
Mercy Hospital St. Louis:
- A 979-bed, fully accredited teaching hospital
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in St. Louis County
- 80,000 adult emergency visits annually
- A nine-level, on-campus Heart Hospital with 96 private patient rooms
- System-wide Epic EMR
- Leapfrog Grade A rating for patient safety
St. Louis offers beautiful residential areas with public and private schools, five-star restaurants, music venues, major league sports, shopping, parks, hiking and biking trails, an international airport, and more!
Mercy Clinic is a physician-led and professionally managed multi-specialty group. With over 2,500 primary care and specialty physicians, Mercy Clinic is the fourth largest integrated physician organization in the country.
Working for Mercy gives you all the advantages of a larger organization balanced by the spirit of a smaller patient-centered medical group. You’ll discover a friendly and cooperative environment where people care for one another at every level. What sets us apart is our unique approach where physicians and professional managers share leadership and make decisions together to improve upon, and deliver, world-class care.
Your life is our life’s work.