The Detroit, MI Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting a full time Gastroenterology physician. Our section currently has 3 full time physicians, two full time NPs and one full time PA. Call is shared equally among the section members. We are a major teaching affiliate of Wayne State University School of Medicine. There are opportunities for teaching fellows, residents and medical students. There is also an opportunity for clinical research and involvement in QI/PI initiatives. You must be eligible for a faculty appointment at Wayne State University School of Medicine on the clinician educator tract. Special interest/expertise in liver disease is highly desirable.
Assistance with payment of med school loans up to $200K is available!
- Competitive pay based on training, experience and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance available w/ affordable premiums
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility – Relocate without loss of benefits or pay