ACADEMIC ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY POSITION; MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN- MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN: EMPLOYED OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Orthopaedic Surgeon (community traumatologist / generalist). Join us in transforming health care and connecting communities to the best of academic medicine as we provide exceptional care to diverse communities in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin region!
- Full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level
- Practice will focus on community call at level 2 / level 3 trauma centers
- Opportunity to purse an elective practice, if desired
- Candidates interested in a full-time call position would provide 22 weeks of call coverage annually
- Candidates interested in a combination of call and an elective practice would have reduced call responsibilities
- Practice sites include Froedtert Menomonee Falls, and Froedtert West Bend.
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at MCW includes 39 clinical faculty members, 5 active research faculty members, 29 advanced practice providers, 25 residents and 4 fellows.
- The faculty of Orthopaedic Surgery and APP s provide more than 79,000 outpatient visits and 7,300 surgeries annually.
Education, training, and experience required:
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Eligible for full, unrestricted licensure in Wisconsin
- Successful candidates should bring strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to MCW s academic missions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation with a full benefits package, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, and outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan.
- Physician engagement and wellness is a core focus area for Froedtert and MCW.
the Medical college of Wisconsin
MCW is a major academic medical center; the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. MCW is a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative, patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.