Project or Volunteer Experience Requirements
- AANS Member (FAANS, Provisional or Candidate)
- No more than 15 years out of training
- Interest in clinical research efforts within the field of neurological surgery
The NREF Research Committee provides direction for funding of research grants for all levels and makes programmatic recommendations to the NREF Board on how the grant processes should be administered. Committee members oversee and support the review process for the NREF’s research grants and young clinical investigator awards. AANS members, with fewer than 15 years out from training, looking to become involved in neurosurgical research efforts are encouraged to apply to potentially join the committee.
- Attend committee meetings and contribute to assigned projects for a 12-month committee term.
Project Commitment and Timeline
- Time Commitment: 12 month committee term (avg. of 2 hours/month)
- Volunteer Selection: Ongoing
Application Notification Email