Help clinicians identify ways to improve DBS treatment processes and patient outcomes
Project or Volunteer Experience Requirements
- AANS Member (FAANS, Provisional or Candidate)
- No more than 15 years out of training
- Interest in clinical research and studies in Deep Brain Stimulation
- Capable Grant Proposal Editor/Writer
- Familiarity with regulatory issues (EU MDR and FDA requirements, CMS priorities, MVPs), a plus
The NPA Registry for the Advancement of DBS in Parkinson’s Disease (Rad-PD) Steering Committee is involved in marketing, measurement and reporting, and identifying key registry data with the goal to leverage participate data to help identify ways to improve DBS treatment processes and patient outcomes. AANS members, with fewer than 15 years out from training, looking to become involved in the deep brain stimulation in Parkinson’s Disease and quality improvement efforts are encouraged to apply to potentially join the committee.
- Attend committee meetings and contribute to assigned projects for a 12-month committee term.
- Support Rad-PD Registry marketing efforts via peer-to-peer promotion; using social media and other appropriate distribution channels to raise awareness about registry insights and publications
- Write clinically relevant content for articles and newsletters
- Inform clinically impactful registry measures, based on knowledge of healthcare organization and payer outcome priorities
Project Commitment and Timeline
- Time Commitment: 12 month committee term (avg. of 4-5 hours/month)
- Volunteer Selection: Ongoing
Application Notification Email