NORTHWESTERN MEDICINE – REGIONAL MEDICAL GROUP
BREAST SURGERY OPPORTUNITY
CHICAGO WESTERN SUBURBS
Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group has an outstanding opportunity for a breast surgeon in a community-based setting within an integrated academic healthcare system. Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group (RMG) is seeking a BE/BC physician who is fellowship trained in breast surgery or surgical oncology with interest in breast cancer. Ideal candidate would have certification, or interest in pursuing certification in stereotactic and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.
Highlights of the breast surgery cancer services infrastructure include:
- Three multidisciplinary cancer centers with NAPBC certified programs in the West Region.
- Experienced fellowship trained breast surgeons and multidisciplinary team that includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists and pathologists all with subspecialty interest in breast oncology.
- Support from plastic surgery, surgical oncology and thoracic surgery.
- Dedicated palliative medicine specialists with excellent pain experience.
- Dedicated breast nurse navigator, genetic counselors, dietitians, social workers, financial counselors, prehab/rehab services, PT/OT lymphedema, Living Well Cancer Resource Center.
- High risk breast clinic and survivorship program.
- Weekly multidisciplinary breast tumor board.
- Clinics at NM Delnor Cancer Center in Geneva, IL and NM Chicago Cancer in Warrenville, IL.
- Medical staff privileges at NM Central Dupage Hospital and NM Delnor Hospital.
- Research opportunities include cooperative group and industry-sponsored breast cancer clinical trials, translational research, tumor banking and prospective clinical database.
- Clinical appointment available at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- 100% breast position, no general surgery or trauma call responsibilities.
Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group is the premier provider of healthcare services in Chicago’s west, south and northwest suburbs, with more than 700 primary care physicians and specialists. Our team works together to provide excellent patient care and exceptional patient experiences using models that follow best practices in outpatient and inpatient settings. RMG offers competitive compensation and benefits within a physician led work environment.
Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 11 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities across Chicago, the suburbs and Northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care. Our vision and values are deeply rooted in the idea that patients come first in all we do. We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work.