The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking a Vice President of Medical Education. Reporting to the Chief Learning Officer (CLO), the Vice President is responsible for the design and implementation of clinical education products and services, oversight of education and training meetings and events, collaboration with relevant physician organizations and societies, and for advancing ACP’s medical education services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Educational Activities – Leads the design and implementation of educational events, activities, and services including live meetings, virtual live events, hybrid meetings, web-based activities, written materials, clinical skills training, and multimedia deliverables in innovative formats.
- Instructional Design – With support from College instructional design staff, makes formal recommendations for new educational service development initiatives and follows through on project management of approved initiatives.
- Content Production and Evaluation – Ensures highest quality of design, content, delivery, and evaluation for ACP education products and services, embracing and exploring innovations in education to meet member learning needs.
- External Collaborations – As delegated by the CLO, represents the College as a liaison with other professional organizations, foundations, and agencies.
- Funding Acquisition – Works with the Office of Grants to obtain funding to support educational priorities.
Qualified candidates must possess an MD, DO, or MBBS and be Board Certified in Internal Medicine, with or without additional subspecialty certification. Other requirements include:
- Extensive medical education experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated success in building and working with teams in order to design and implement educational projects.
- Excellent project management, program development, communication, and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of contemporary, technology-facilitated educational techniques.
Candidates with experience in formal medical education program leadership, medical education question writing, writing and management of external educational grants, and/or knowledge of the CME process are preferred.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. To learn more about working at ACP, visit https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online by clicking Apply on this posting.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.