Our Gastroenterology section is seeking an Advanced Endoscopist as part of a planned expansion. Expertise in bariatric endoscopy and/or ESD are preferred. Our section serves a 357-bed tertiary referral center with opportunities for outreach into surrounding communities. The facility features an outpatient endoscopy unit and side by side clinic with 7 endoscopy suites. An IM hospitalist service manages all GI admissions and GI functions as a consultative service. Nine NPs/PAs and nine General GI Physicians support outpatient management of IBS, IBD and liver disease and the inpatient GI consultation service. This position can accommodate subspecialty interests and provides a 1: 3 call schedule.
- Our current group of eleven physicians includes nine general and two advanced endoscopy Gastroenterologists working in a 100% consultative practice.
- Currently offered procedures include ERCP, SpyGlass Cholangioscopy, EUS (diagnostic and therapeutic), RFA, cryotherapy, EMR and enteral stenting.
- Latest model Olympus endoscopes, EUS processors, and Omega fixed table fluoroscopy unit.
- State-of-the-art Digestive Health Center performing a full spectrum of endoscopy procedures
- New hospital under construction with projected opening July 2023
- All GI hospital admissions are managed by IM hospitalist service
- University of Minnesota medical school affiliation
- Teaching, research and outreach opportunities available
- Compensation is guaranteed base salary with incentive for production for the duration of employment, not an RVU based model, no buy-ins.
- Flexible on FTE
- Excellent school districts, ability to live in an urban or rural environment and be minutes from work.
- BC/BE in Gastroenterology required
- Advanced GI Fellowship required
- Duluth, MN (150 miles north of the north of Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Regional service area: 490,000
- Physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Kris Reardon, Physician Recruiter
701-361-6026 (fax) 218-722-9952