St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our growing Network and to help expand patient care at our newly renovated Palmerton Pediatrics Practice.
St. Luke s Palmerton pediatrics is a small practice with longstanding roots in a small-town community. The Palmerton practice was recently relocated and completely renovated. The practice is now co-located with a St. Luke s OB/GYN practice and near many other St. Luke s outpatient services. As services continue to grow in this region, the practice will be adding lactation support as well as behavioral health support to new parents.
Palmerton is in Pennsylvania s Carbon County and is less than a twenty-minute drive to the popular tourist town, Jim Thorpe. The Pocono Mountains and the Appalachian Trial allow for endless outdoor activities surrounded by beautiful scenery. Major cities such as Philadelphia and New York are only a short drive away.
Practice Highlights Include:
- Busy and growing pediatric practice recently relocated to a main road in Palmerton and looking to expand the number of providers to support growing volumes. Co-located with OB/GYN practice.
- Strong community connection with a loyal patient base.
- Practice is committed to patient accessibility and offers expanded hours with appointments currently available 5 days per week.
- Practice utilizes Health Call Nurse Triage system, significantly reducing the number of calls providers receive after hours.
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- A growing pediatric specialty department currently spanning 14 pediatric subspecialties such as surgery, orthopedics, cardiology, GI, pulmonology, neurology, etc., and continuing to expand in both depth and breadth of services.
- The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. Pediatric volumes have grown significantly over the past few years and the service line recently expanded pediatric services within the community through the addition of a new 8 bed PICU which opened in February 2020.
- Consistently growing pediatric volumes and a strong Network commitment to expanding pediatric services within the community.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers over 4,000 babies per year.
- 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke s Anderson Campus, and new Level II NICU at St. Luke s Upper Bucks Campus
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World s Best Hospital. In 2021, St. Luke s Miners Campus ranked 14 of 834 Small Community Hospitals by Fortune IBM Watson. St. Luke s University Hospital earned the #1 Major Teaching Hospital designation and the St. Luke s University Health Network is a Top 15 Health System.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke s is also recognized as one of the state s lowest cost providers.
About Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
*2021 Fortune and IBM Watson Top Hospitals
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.