The Geisinger Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking a Regional Director of Women’s Cardiovascular Health with primary practice location in Lewistown, Pennsylvania, just 30 minutes south of Penn State!
This new physician leader will work closely with Geisinger’s Regional Chief of Cardiology to establish a Women’s Cardiovascular Health Program that encompasses the Western Region of Pennsylvania (Lewistown, State College and the surrounding area.) They will provide clinical leadership, strategic direction, operational expertise, and oversee quality metrics related to women’s cardiovascular health, including risk reduction/prevention. This position will collaborate with system-side Women’s Health leadership for support on initiatives and goals throughout the Geisinger footprint.
The candidate will stay highly active in cardiology clinic care in the Western Region by participating in general clinic coverage and call. The cardiology practice is a fully equipped, state of the art hospital-based practice with cardiac diagnostics labs including stress tests, echo, ambulatory monitoring, cardiac CT with FFR and Cardiac MRI
Compensation and benefits package include:
- Competitive compensation with base salary
- 401(k) employer contributed retirement
- 403(b) and 457(b) pre-tax retirement vehicles available
- Medical malpractice and tail coverage
- Generous vacation time at 20 days per fiscal year
- CME time up to 15 days per fiscal year
- CME reimbursement up to $3,500 per fiscal year
- Life insurance, AD&D and disability coverage
The region offers an outstanding quality of life with a university town environment, including excellent restaurants and cultural activities, and some of the top nationally ranked public and private schools. State College offers a local airport for distant travel and easy access to Interstate-80 for weekend getaways to Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and New York City.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.