- Assistant/Associate Professor, Psychiatry
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
The Mercer University School of Medicine (MUSM) Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences seeks a Psychiatrist to join our team at Mercer Medicine in Macon, GA.
Responsibilities of the position are:
Primary responsibilities will include undergraduate and graduate medical education which, involves supervision and training of medical students and psychiatric residents. The position will include direct patient care, including out-patient services, teaching and supervision of residents, medical students and other allied mental healthcare professionals. Experience working with student learners and residents is highly desirable. Collaboration within and across clinical departments is strongly encouraged. Department faculty are involved in undergraduate and graduate medical education as well as allied healthcare professional education. While the primary need is for medical education and clinical activity interest in interdisciplinary research is welcomed.
- Develop and maintain faculty psychiatry practice; Clinical care of patients in department including participating with department call schedule;
- Provide psychiatric consultations, inpatient and outpatient, for Mercer Medicine faculty patients and other patients as requested by community physicians;
- Actively participate in medical staff and affiliate hospital committees;
- Complete all medical record documentation requirements as specified in the medical staff rules and regulations on a concurrent basis;
- Participate in emergency center call schedule as required.
Teaching Duties for Internal Medicine Residency and Clerkship:
- Supervise and instruct Psychiatry residents;
- Serve as faculty attending including daily teaching and work rounds;
- Develop, implement, accomplish, & monitor goals for psychiatry education;
- Provide 6 to 8 core curriculum lectures per year in the areas of psychiatry;
- Serve as faculty attending for resident psychiatry clinic 1 to 2 times per month;
- Provide psychiatry consults for staff medicine patients;
- Tutor selected phases for Mercer students; Participate in student clerkship lecture series as designated by the clerkship director.
Applicants must have completed an approved general psychiatry residency, be board eligible/certified in general psychiatry and eligible to obtain a Georgia medical license.
The ideal candidate will:
- be licensed in the state of Georgia
- have considerable clinical experience with a variety of client populations
- have familiarity and/or experience with medical settings and culture
- Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Commensurate with experience
- CV, Cover Letter, References
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Interested candidates will need to complete a brief online application and submit a CV, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE
All faculty and staff, excluding student employees, on-call staff and adjunct faculty teaching online only, are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved medical or religious exemption by the University. New hires will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination card or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption by the University before their first day of employment.