Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Orthopedics, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon to join their established orthopedic practice. Applicants should be pediatric orthopedic surgery fellowship trained. The successful candidate will manage a broad range of pediatric orthopedic surgery patients.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- Growing practice includes 7 Orthopedic surgeons and 9 advanced practice providers
- Established Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery program
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- 198-bed children’s hospital and state of the art pediatric emergency department
- Access to The Vidant Surgicenter
- Collaborative group that shares pediatric call
- Established multidisciplinary Scoliosis clinic
- Dedicated Pediatric Ortho clinic space and staff
- Children’s hospital medical staff includes Pediatric Neurosurgery, Pediatric General Surgery, and Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Highly competitive guaranteed base salary with potential production and quality incentives
- Ability to live only an hour away from the beautiful North Carolina coast
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age. The 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care (PICU), neonatal intensive care (NICU), kids immunosuppressed specialty unit (KISU), specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
About Greenville, NC
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
About Vidant Health
Across eastern North Carolina, Vidant’s system of care includes 1,708 beds across an academic medical center with two campuses, affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University; seven community hospitals; and numerous outpatient facilities, home health, hospice and wellness centers. Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group, offers access to more than 550 providers in 150+ practice locations. Visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Learn why providers choose to be a part of Vidant Health!
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.