Physician – Pain Medicine – Mass General Brigham Integrated Care
Reports to: Medical Director
MGB Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high-quality, low-cost, innovative community-based ambulatory care. This work stems from Mass General Brigham’s unified system strategy to bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. MGB Integrated Care will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locations across the state and region.
We aspire to be people’s first choice for health and care
– rooted in well-being and kindness –
by bringing world-class care closer to home (or at home!) and
being the bridge to world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but also positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
The Opportunity: Physician - Pain Medicine - MGB Integrated Care
Full-time or Part-time Pain Medicine positions are available at our new MGB Integrated Care site in Salem, NH. The incumbent is fully responsible for professional decisions with respect to the diagnosis and treatment of patients, including responsibility for clinical coverage assignments.
Essential elements include but are not limited to:
• Participating in the provision of quality, evidence-based care and assuring that expert level clinical care is provided to all patients
• Maintaining the highest levels of quality clinical care and patient satisfaction
• Ensuring compliance with MGB, CMS and JC guidelines and policies
• Full compliance with all billing, departmental, institutional and external regulatory policies
• Attending departmental meetings/rounds, case conferences or other MGB sanctioned activities
• Demonstrating professional behavior and engage in an effective, collaborative and congenial manner with other departmental and institutional members as part of a multidisciplinary team of caregivers.
- Caring for patients undergoing a wide variety of ambulatory procedures
- Graduate of Accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
- Completion of Accredited Residency
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 3 years of graduation) must be kept current
- Unrestricted licenses to practice within Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
Key Attributes We Are Looking For
- Empathetic: To all members of the care team, regardless of role
- Good listener: Ability to use insight and empathy to communicate with patients and team members
- Humble: Appreciating the diverse perspectives that come from cross-disciplinary team members
- Reliable: Following through on commitments
- Passionate & Curious: Approaching challenges with an open mind and a sense of optimism and curiosity
How We’ll Support You
- Productive and positive team-based environment
- Referral base from the community
- Full administrative support
- Flexible work schedule
- Collaborative approach to delivering high-quality relationship-centered care
- Brand new digital platform to increase patient engagement
- Streamlined access to the expansive Mass General Brigham Network, including Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to innovation across MGBIC
Mass General Brigham offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and to all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.