Optum is looking for a full-time Gastroenterologist to join our team in Banning, CA and Highland, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient s needs.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower than average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package that includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- The candidate will perform general Gastroenterology consisting but not limited to performing endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures within their scope of practice
- Flexible work hours, admin time included
- Hospital privileges are required at both San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital and Redlands Community Hospital
- Outpatient clinic equipped with a full endoscopy suite
- Payor mix 85% managed care, 15% FFS/PPO/Medicare
- Inpatient call coverage required once every 4 weeks
- New grads are welcome to apply!
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered; however, the licensing process takes ~6 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Fellowship training in ERCP or EUS not required but an added plus
- Previous experience desired
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.