Optum is looking for a full-time Pulmonologist to join our team in Redlands and Beaumont/Banning, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient s needs.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower-than-average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package that includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Split between inpatient and outpatient with a typical schedule including 7 days of ICU, followed by 5 days of clinic, followed by 9 days off
- Hospital privileges are required - Redlands Community Hospital and San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital
- The Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep department currently has 6 Pulmonary/Critical Care certified physicians, 2 of whom are also Sleep certified, and 1 actively involved in the Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic, plus an additional PA/RT doing office care and 2 APCs helping mostly in ICU and Pulmonary consults at the hospital.
- The Intensivist is involved in the care of all ICU patients, and leads family-centered interdisciplinary rounds every morning, with a CCRN, PT, Dietician, Pharmacist, MSW, and a case manager with easy access to Chaplain care when needed. The Intensivist also performs Pulmonary consults and procedures and helps with chronic ventilator management in patients outside the unit
- We have night hospitalists (including a Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician), therefore night calls and after hour hospital trips are not a common occurrence
- New grads are welcome to apply!
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered; however, the licensing process takes ~6 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BE/BC Pulmonology/Critical Care, Internal Medicine
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Fellowship-trained interventional pulmonologist highly desired
- Previous experience is highly desired
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.