Optum is looking for a full-time Rheumatologist to join our team in Banning, CA and Beaumont, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient s needs.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower-than-average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package that includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- The candidate will perform general Rheumatology in an outpatient setting
- Qualified applicants should have the required skills in facilitating patients with a full range of rheumatology services
- Duties include but will not be limited to providing excellent care for patients in an outpatient setting including diagnosing and treating various conditions, monitoring patients progress and adjust medications as needed, prescribing treatments or medications to best treat patients symptoms and conditions
- Order tests and interpret results to determine the best treatment options
- Maintain appropriate medical records and results
- Monday thru Friday, 8am - 5pm in the outpatient clinic only in the areas of Banning, CA and Beaumont, CA
- Hospital privileges are not required
- No call, nights or weekends coverage required
- Established volumes with the ability to see up to around 20 patients per day
- Patient Census Mostly adults
- Payor mix 85% managed care, 15% FFS/PPO/Medicare
- New grads are welcome to apply!
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered; however, the licensing process takes ~6 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BC/BE in Rheumatology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Previous experience desired but not required
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.