Great Falls Surgical Associates, in partnership with Benefis Health System, a large level II trauma center, is seeking a BE/BC General Surgeon with Bariatric and MIS experience to take over for a surgeon departing in October, at our practice in Great Falls, Montana.
- Ideal candidate experience: bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and adjustable gastric banding (fellowship preferred but not required)
- Comprehensive established weight loss management team with Primary Care, Psychology and Dietitian support
- Only bariatric practice in the community / catchment area
- This is a full time practice as a combination of bariatrics (currently approximately 0.5 FTE) and general surgery call and there is additional opportunity to expand bariatric business based on desire to collaborate with medical teams in the region.
- Expected to participate in acute care call of 1:5
- Must be experienced in trauma and acute care surgery, as Benefis is a level II trauma center.
- Would join Great Falls Surgical Associates, a long standing, single specialty, private general surgery group practice of 4 physicians servicing all surgeries in our catchment area of 275,000 people – North Central MT
- Salary guarantee for one year, with the opportunity of partnership after 12-18 months offering comprehensive benefits if you elect private practice
- There is also opportunity to work in a hospital employed model with various benefits. Both employment models will be outlined in detail and the candidate can choose what model is ideal for their situation.
Hospital/Trauma Center Details:
- 10 ORs + Cysto Suite, 2 DaVinci Robots
- Dedicated OR nurses, surg techs, 1st assist, robotic teams etc.
- 350 acute care beds staffed by robust team of hospitalists
- 33 bed Emergency Department averaging approximately 30,000 visits per year with a 33% admission rate
- air ambulance program (fixed wing jet and helicopter) averaging over 1300 flights annually
- 21 bed ICU staffed 24/7 with critical care intensivists
- Specialty support includes: Neurosurgery, Urology, Cardiovascular, ENT, Plastics, GYN, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, a Regional Cancer Institute, a Heart and Vascular Institute, and more!
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water & snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 330 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 6 years in a row 2014 – 2019!
Submit your CV today to learn more Erica Martin, Provider Recruiter, email@example.com (in partnership with GFSA leadership)