Large private practice is seeking a pulmonary critical care physician to join their team in Asheville, NC. Qualified Candidates:
- Willing to practice pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine
- Inpatient/Outpatient Mix: 40/60
- Call is approximately 1 in 4 weekends – In house call w/ AP backup
About Mission Hospital:
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision.
- Over 10 scheduled weeks off per year plus PTO
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents
- Mission Hospital, licensed for 815 beds, is the flagship hospital of Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare and the state’s sixth largest health system.
- Serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region
- Encompasses a Level III Epilepsy Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery
- Houses the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center
- Includes Mission Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area’s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.