Psychiatry Residency - Program Director
The WellSpan York Hospital Psychiatry Residency is a community-based program where trainees will have a rich clinical experience. Residents will be exposed to a wide variety of patients in multiple patient care settings. They ll rotate through inpatient units in a 600-bed teaching hospital and an independent psychiatric hospital, partial program, outpatient, emergency department, long term care, comorbid substance and psychiatric illnesses, comorbid medical and psychiatric illnesses, etc.
Our focus is on teaching thorough history taking and psychiatric examination, assessment, and plan formulation, to be well versed with DSM, psychopharmacology, psychosocial interventions, and psychotherapy to help the residents excel in clinical practice after graduation.
Residents will have an extensive knowledge of evidence-based medical practice. Weekly didactic sessions will be incorporated to enhance their understanding of various topics for each PGY level. Our curriculum also includes training in the use of major psychotherapies including cognitive-behavioral, dialectical behavioral, psychodynamic psychotherapy, supportive therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. In addition, each resident will have an individual mentor to guide and support their career trajectories. Graduating residents will be competent in all the areas as determined by GME guidelines.
The successful Program Director candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Recruit a dynamic, diverse & experienced faculty
- Oversee resident recruitment, evaluation & promotion
- Supervise & teach residents
- Ensure quality of resident education & curriculum
- Lead participation in research & scholarly activities
- Maintain clinical involvement as an attending in general psychiatry
WellSpan s Commitment to You:
- Competitive salary & signing bonus
- Excellent benefits including retirement savings plans administered by Vanguard
- Full relocation
Lifestyle in York, PA:
- York is a family friendly community with excellent schools and a low cost of living
- Many recreational & cultural activities are available
- Conveniently located just 1 hour north of the Baltimore/DC metro area and 90 minutes west of Philadelphia