ChristianaCare is searching for a full time BC/BE OBGYN Physician. As a member of our employed team responsibilities will encompass general Obstetric and Gynecologic care in the hospital as well as ambulatory setting. Duties will include on call coverage for Labor and Delivery as well as clinical responsibilities which will be mutually agreed upon between the physician and the Associate Clinical Lead, Women and Children's Service Line in concert with the Department Chair.
At ChristianaCare, women's health is a priority. We recognize that by helping the women in our community to improve their health, we help everyone in our community. That's why we've brought together the full spectrum of comprehensive, integrated, high-quality health care services for women at every age and stage of life. Because of our commitment to women's health, ChristianaCare has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services as the region's only National Community Center of Excellence in Women's Health.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat obstetrical and gynecological problems at ChristianaCare Health Services and affiliated community partners
- Assist in practice management supporting the Medical Director, Ambulatory Women's Health, and Practice Manager
- Work cooperatively with other members of the division and department in outreach programs
- Provide additional obstetrical and gynecological medical services as part of on-call responsibility
- Demonstrate academic curiosity through continued research, publications or contributions to education as directed by the Department Chair
- Assist community partners in “seamless” care model coordinated with ChristianaCare
- Post-graduate degree from an accredited medical institution
Completion of accredited OB/GYN-residency
- Extended knowledge of OB/GYN-related issues Board-eligible or Board-certified
- Qualified to achieve active staff status in the ChristianaCare OB/GYN Department
- Preference will be given to physicians who have demonstrated proficiency and scholarly achievement in an aligned area of women's health. Support to enhance such expertise will be prioritized.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's largest and most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Delaware.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.