Internal Medicine Program Director NEW Program - Make Your Mark!
Newly created role for an experienced Internal Medicine Program Director with knowledge of national educational requirements, scholarly activity, faculty development, and collaborative engaging personality style. To qualify you must have a minimum three years’ experience in medical education with IM Residents within an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Program. Board Certification is also required.
Our main trauma center, Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) in Newport News has other established Residencies (FM, OB GYN, Emergency and Transitional) which rotate there. RRMC has been serving the healthcare needs of the region including surrounding counties since 1916. RRMC is a 450-bed facility, the region’s most comprehensive medical facility combining the latest technologies within a supportive, healing environment. The Internal Medicine Department and Level II Trauma Center responds to more than 67,000 emergencies annually and there is a strong need for continued IP & OP internal medicine care. Our experienced, board-certified physicians and highly-trained staff are passionate about the community and the care they provide. The Internal Medicine Residency Program Director will receive adequate protected time to create the infrastructure for a new, first-class training program. Needed skills/experience include: leadership, knowledge of GME, faculty development, involvement in scholarly activity, strong interpersonal skills, team building, an innovative style and experience in community-based settings. You will work with team members to build your team in advance of the first class in 2023.
- Your academic credentials & demonstrated excellence in scholarship, teaching and mentoring and clinical care is fully supported and embraced
- EPIC links all of our OP & IP facilities within the health system
- Competitive PTO, compensation package, retention bonuses and complete benefit package including paid malpractice, health, dental, generous CME, disability and many other perks including pet insurance!
- Sign on bonus, relocation
The lifestyle of living on the Chesapeake Bay and James River namely known as the Virginia Peninsula, a region that includes: Williamsburg, Newport News, York County, Poquoson & Hampton:
- Experience an excellent quality of life, four seasons with mild winters in a region that offers a diversity of activities year-round
- Offers a selection of diverse restaurants, cultural events and the beauty of nature abounds! Rated #2 place in the United States to raise a family by Parenthood Magazine with impressive amenities
- Fish, sail, kayak or paddle board regularly on the James River, Chesapeake Bay, or 200 miles or coastline with numerous access points throughout
- Travel easily to other locations using one of three airports or simply drive to hiking destinations such as Appalachian Trail and many other dog friendly trails in the region
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities plus shopping, entertainment and touring opportunities from Busch Gardens, Outlet Malls to wineries
- Multitude of outstanding educational options both public and private school options
Why Join Riverside?
Team members within Riverside Health System (RHS) are guided by a mission to “care for others as we would care for those we love.” Riverside Medical Group (RMG) is the part of RHS and is an expanding multi-disciplinary clinical team and nationally recognized best practice model of care. All Riverside divisions are represented by physician leaders partnered directly with top administrators that can affect change more easily and an open management style where your input is recognized and valued. RHS has demonstrated that it is well prepared to help face the challenging issues within healthcare. It is over 100 years old yet innovative in its approach with recognized strength in neurosciences, cardiac, orthopedic care, elder care, rehabilitation, home-based technologies, wellness and mental health support.