Kaiser Permanente - Leading the future of healthcare
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opportunities.
Geriatrician for Memory Assessment Clinic and Skilled Nursing Facilities
San Leandro, California
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players who have a vision for Senior Care. The Region includes 22 SNFs and you will cover 2-3 SNFs and work in Memory Assessment Clinic. Patient profile is skilled care in post-acute care, and long-term custodial care (primary care work) as well as Clinic Practice in Memory Assessment Clinic. We are looking into developing Comprehensive Geriatric clinic with the help of Geriatrician. Currently we have following Senior Care Programs in the area where Geriatric Expertise is needed: Senior Surgical Care Board, Senior Oncology Care, Memory Care Center and Geriatric ER (which is in proposal phase). These Geriatrician positions are split: 70% in Memory Assessment Center/Clinic and 30% in skilled nursing. The model of care in the SNF is a hospital rotation with M-F and weekend on call every other month. There is also an opportunity to work in an after-hour call center for the SNF (Skilled nursing facilities) and Palliative Care Program. Research opportunities are available with the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, and teaching opportunities are available in the Memory Assessment Clinic.
Looking for BC in Geriatrics with Palliative care experience preferred.
The San Francisco Bay Area is an outstanding and beautiful place to live, with easy access to the San Francisco Bay, Pacific Ocean, Coastal and Sierra Nevada mountains, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, Monterey Bay, and more. The pleasant weather allows for multiple outdoor recreational activities year around. In addition, there are excellent cultural opportunities, professional sports and schools.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
To learn more about these opportunities and to apply, please visit: https://tpmg.permanente.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor