Thoracic Surgery Opportunity at Progressive Tertiary Care Center in Maine
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center’s Cardiothoracic Surgery of Maine is seeking a BC/BE Thoracic Surgeon. Our program is a mature hospital-based practice that serves patients from all over our large state. This position offers a unique opportunity for a leadership role in a dedicated non-cardiac thoracic service. The ideal candidate will have proven excellence in the surgical management of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal, and pleural diseases.
Desirable candidate attributes:
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to minimal invasive thoracic surgery and thoracic robotic surgery
- Experience and interest in coordinating the early evaluation and management of patients with proven or suspected lung and esophageal cancer
- Expertise and interest in the management of benign esophageal disease as well as interventional endoscopy and bronchoscopy
- Interest in active participation in an established lung cancer screening program
- Willingness to engage in educational, promotional, and outreach activities
About the position:
- Current group includes 4 surgeons and 6 extenders
- Attractive call coverage - cardiac responsibilities will not be required
- Association with 13 pulmonary physicians, 10 medical oncologists, and 4 radiation oncologists
- Applicants must have a MD from an approved medical college or equivalent, postgraduate training in an ACGME-accredited Thoracic Surgery training program, and be BE/BC by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS-verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern two-thirds of the state. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a member of Northern Light Health, the most expansive integrated health delivery system in the state. Our organization offers a broad range of providers and services, including ten hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Why Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center?
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO package
- Student loan reimbursement programs - $20k per year with no maximum benefit!
- Relocation and sign-on bonuses
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Leadership, teaching, and career growth opportunities, if desired
- J-1 waiver sponsorship available for 2022 and 2023
For more information, please contact:
Kayla Mayo, Provider Recruiter
Call 207.973.5358 or text Thoracic Surgeon to 207.560.0133