St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system and the nations #1 Teaching Hospital is seeking BC/BE Pulmonologists and Pulmonary Critical Care Physicians to join our-established, dedicated team of physicians providing excellent care at St. Luke s University Health Network.
St. Luke s physicians can enjoy a well-balanced lifestyle, focusing on their passion for practicing medicine as well as spending quality time with their families. If you are a physician interested in collaborating with an innovative health system recognized for excellence in improving patient outcomes, a rewarding journey awaits you!
- We offer AP support at all major hospital locations, 7 days a week. We have a very strong AP group who is well versed in critical care & pulmonary medicine.
- Our clinical work is approximately 50% inpatient pulmonary & critical care and 50% outpatient pulmonary
- On average, one at-home night call per week. One weekend, per 4 weeks. For each weekend worked, we typically work in an office-based rotation the following week.
- St. Luke s has an established Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program. We are an academic and clinical fellowship with the goal of preparing pulmonary & critical care physicians in state of the art, global and compassionate care of patients with various pulmonary diseases.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Work/life balance at St. Luke s we know that having a robust personal life is important to you! Our Pulmonary & Critical Care team uses an approach that addresses patients preference for continuity while making it possible for you to enjoy work/life balance and flexibility.
- Exceptional compensation package we offer incentive bonuses & relocation assistance!
- Train, teach, and learn in addition to patient care, you can grow your career with opportunities in research, quality improvement, strategic development and teaching students, residents and fellows.
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff- you ll enjoy the support of a large health network and have the ability to enjoy autonomy and establish your own unique identity. Service lines are strengthened by collaboration with advanced practitioners.
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued- your contributions and ideas are valued and recognized at St. Luke s!
- Rich benefits package- this includes malpractice insurance, health, dental, and vision insurance, CME allowance, and generous time off plans.
- Enjoy collaborative relationships enjoy a variety of inpatient and outpatient pulmonary medicine working closely with advanced practice team.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World s Best Hospital. In 2021, St. Luke s Miners Campus ranked 14 of 834 Small Community Hospitals by Fortune IBM Watson. St. Luke s University Hospital earned the #1 Major Teaching Hospital designation and the St. Luke s University Health Network is a Top 15 Health System.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke s is also recognized as one of the state s lowest cost providers.
About Northeastern Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com
*2021 Fortune and IBM Watson Top Hospitals
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.